The restructuring of the energy industry in Ontario over
the past decade, first in the natural gas sector, and then
in the electricity sector created an important need to advance
an environment to facilitate increased communications, dialogue
and networking opportunities.
The Ontario Energy Network (OEN) was formed for this very
The “OEN” is dedicated to providing networking
activities and inter-jurisdictional information for all energy
industry segments with a dedication to providing significant
strategic networking benefits to all stakeholders.
Our mission "to provide networking opportunities
in support of the leaders of the energy industry
This document provides a brief overview of the purpose, membership
structure & membership benefits of the Ontario Energy
- To provide regular networking opportunities for members of the Energy Industry in Ontario, with a particular focus on senior and emerging energy sector leaders;
- To facilitate effective industry communication and increasing benefits for the membership, community, constituents and consumers;
- Operate as an inclusive association, open to all constituents who are materially involved in the Ontario Energy Industry;
- Act as a window to current energy events, issues and opportunities in Canada and other leading energy jurisdictions; and
- To develop and maintain a fund or funds and to apply income therefrom, from time to time, to charitable organizations or causes.
The corporation shall be carried on without the purpose of gain for its members, and any profits or other accretions to the corporation shall be used in promoting activities.
The organization is apolitical and will operate strictly within the legal requirements of the Competitions Act of Canada. Its purpose is not to lessen competition but to improve the overall effectiveness of the energy industry and increase benefits for constituents, community, and consumers.
Ontario Energy Network is structured as a "Not for Profit" association under the Ontario Corporations Act.
The OEN membership categories are Voting, Corporate, Affiliate, Individual, and Life members. Employees of Voting, Corporate and Affiliate member organizations in good standing may participate in OEN events at member rates. Full details of member benefits may be found by clicking on the appropriate membership category.
For Membership Application: Membership Application Request
Principal (Founding) Membership:
- Principal Membership is open to all constituents who are
materially involved in the Ontario Energy Industry. Principal
Member organizations shall be entitled to one Directorship
on the OEN Board. The Director shall be nominated by their
Founding Member organization.
- This category provides an unprecedented opportunity for
organizations materially involved in the Ontario energy
- The Board manages the affairs of the organization and
may at their discretion nominate officers and additional
Board Members, to represent other stakeholders from the
- The OEN Board of Directors will consist of approximately
10 Members. Each will contribute a one time Principal Member
fee. Thereafter Principal member (annual fee) will
be the same as the Corporate Membership category.
- Principal Membership shall be by invitation of the OEN
- The OEN Board of Directors, Officers and their respective
organizations may be found at the end of this section.
- Corporate Membership will be open to all constituents
who are materially involved in the Ontario Energy Industry.
The annual Corporate Membership fee covers all employees
in the Corporation.
- All employees of the Corporate Member are eligible to
join the "OEN" by filling in the necessary membership
information on the "OEN" web site under "Corporate
- The OEN Board of Directors may for time to time nominate
or accept nominations from the membership at large for a
This would be appropriate in situations were appreciation
of the individuals dedication and contributions to the energy
industry in Ontario warrant significant acknowledgement.
- Affiliate Membership may be available to Clubs or Groups
which can demonstrate a material interest and involvement
in the Ontario Energy Industry.
- Affiliate Member organizations must represent diverse
segments of the energy industry within their own membership
- Affiliate Membership status requires a predetermined
number of Member Companies as set out by the OEN Board.
- Invitation by the OEN Board and a commitment to Principal
Member status and associated obligations are prerequisites.
- Individual Membership will be open to all constituents
who are materially involved in the Ontario Energy Industry.
This category has been established specifically to accommodate
- Individuals are eligible to join the "OEN"
by filling in the appropriate membership information on
the "OEN" web site under "Individual Membership".
Membership benefits listed apply to members in good standing.
- Individual Membership is restricted to small
organizations with fewer than 5 employees and / or less
than $ 1 million in revenues.
Retired Members of Founding, Corporate, Affiliate or Individual
Members, in good standing with the Ontario Energy Network
or retired executives for the energy industry my be eligible
to receive a complimentary “Retiree Membership”
status. Membership registration may be made by filling out
the "Retiree Membership" application form online
at the "OEN" web site. The only restriction in
this category is that the individual not be gainfully employed.
Interested parties may contact John Loucks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|S & C Electric
President and CEO
||Toronto Hydro Corporation
|| Hydro One Networks Inc.
||Ontario Power Generation
|| Electricity Distributors
Special Advisor to the CEO
| G. R. McBrien & Associates
Please note, for full details member benefits, opportunities,
fees etc. please contact John Loucks at email@example.com.
Printer Friendly Version here >>
"Join the only Ontario Energy Industry Association dedicated to providing
networking opportunities in support of the leaders of the energy industry